This post is long overdue! The last night out that I had before leaving Aberdeen and coming over to the States was one with my best friend Jasmine and we decided to do one thing that was on my list: the Barman's Knock.
The rules of this pub crawl are pretty simple: simply go to your favourite bar and order your favourite drink. The ask the bar person who served you what their favourite bar is and their favourite drink is there and follow their instructions. This goes on until either you get too drunk, it is the end of the night or you run out of money- This is the kind of pub crawl that can get expensive if a bar man says a posh hotel with champagne! Luckily this did not happen to us though!

So we did this in Aberdeen centre and I loved it! Would definately do it again- you get to try new drinks that you may have not otherwise tried and visit places that you may just skip on normal nights out. The reactions of the bar person are also fun as they are usually so taken back at being asked this question but anyway this is how our night went when doing the Barman's Knock:

First up we choose to go to Archibald's Simpsons for our favourite place and Jasmine had a gin and tonic whilst I choose to drink a peach snapps and lemonade:


The bar lady there choose for us to go to a bar called Tonik to have a vodka and diet coke. This was a pretty boring choice but on that night the drinks were 65p so we couldn't really complain!




Here we got told to go right next door to Paramount to try a shot that for the life of me I can't remember! That's how good it was =P All I know is that it had some sort of fruity liqueur and black vodka in it. But it did look pretty:

The bar man here was lovely and also choose for us to try us a drink at Society that we both had never tried, nor thought to try before called Cafe Patron. Maybe it was just the night but after telling the bar people the game they were a lot friendlier to us....or maybe that was just me thinking that!


This was a coffee flavoured tequila that would generally be served on ice after a nice meal. At first we were skeptical; I dislike coffee and Jasmine dislikes tequila so for us it sounded pretty disgusting! However we were pleasantly surprised! I would definately buy it to have for after a dinner party! The bar man changed the tone of the night however buy saying his favourite place was Korova and he would drink Tennants;


One of my nightmares had happened! I would have to drink beer! Although I have gotten used to the taste of beer now, this was a challenge for me! The bar lady although she choose beer at the Moorings, she made it coconut flavour, very exciting!



The bar lady here was someone who seemed to find her own bar the only bar that she would actually drink at given the choice; she did not seem to like Aberdeen bars that much! But since she had to play the game she said the Prince of Wales and drinking Bulmers:



Maybe it was all of the other drinks or maybe it was just because Bulmers tastes absolutely not nice but I was definately finished after trying this!


I would definately reccomend doing this game! Even if you have lived in your city for ages, you will take more of a touristy view on the nightlife plus try different drinks!