Welcome to my blog and my first post!
I am hoping that this will consist of my adventures in the delicious art of cake decorating.
I am just getting started with it but have been learning about cakes with each cake that I do so there will be a lot of experimenting with them which I will hopefully learn from =]

So, a little about me;
My name is Ellen and I am the author of this blog. I haven't yet been on any cake courses though I am hoping to save up so that I can learn more but for now I am just self taught. I love eating cake just as much as baking them and sharing them with the people closest to me, especially my boyfriend who has the job of tasting all the cakes I make, good or bad =P
Last January was when I decided that I wanted to do cake decorating properly when I made a cake for my best friend's 21st. Despite the cake not turning out as planned, I realised that I wanted to learn how I could have made it better and now I hope to make each cake better than the last, though that is easier said than done! 
I am currently at university and nearly in my last year and currently have two part time jobs so will be trying to squeeze in cake making somehow as well.
If you have any questions, want to comment on my cakes (would appreciate the input!) or just want to say hi, feel free to leave me a comment!